A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy financial industry press releases from PR Newswire, including inflation’s impact on homebuying, CEOs’ pessimistic outlooks, and more.
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the finance industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access the accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- FTX Debtors Provide Additional Information to Customers and Other Stakeholders
The presentation highlights that a total of approximately $5.5 billion of liquid assets have been identified, comprised of $1.7 billion of cash, $3.5 billion of crypto assets and $0.3 billion of securities.
- New Deloitte research reveals majority of organizations increased sustainability investments over past year amid global uncertainty
Deloitte’s 2023 CxO Sustainability Report: Accelerating the Green Transition finds global C-level business leaders (or CxOs) view climate change as a top priority for their organizations amid global uncertainty.
- S&P Global Announces Agreement to Sell Engineering Solutions Business to KKR “Today’s announcement marks the next exciting step towards executing our strategy of powering global markets,” said Douglas L. PetersonPresident and Chief Executive Officer of S&P Global.
- TaxBit Announces Acquisition of Digital Asset Accounting Startup Tactic
The combination of TaxBit’s enterprise-grade digital asset tax and accounting solutions with Tactic’s automated accounting software enables best-in-class crypto financial visibility and compliance for businesses.
- Pallas Capital launches the Pallas Institute financial literacy program and graduates inaugural class of college interns
Pallas Institute’s inaugural class completed the Institute’s first-ever program sessions on January 12and included 22 women and 19 men from 28 different colleges participating in 20 sessions on topics ranging from stock analysis to financial planning.
- 73% of CEOs around the world believe global economic growth will decline over the next 12-months, the most pessimistic outlook in over a decade: PwC Global CEO Survey
In addition to a challenging environment, nearly 40% of CEOs think their organizations will not be economically viable in a decade if they continue on their current path.
- Silicon Valley Bank Releases Annual State of the US Wine Industry Report While the premium side of the wine industry experienced another strong year amidst an increasingly challenging marketplace – with revenue on average up 9.7% through September 2022 – the US wine industry as a whole experienced negative sales volume growth due to a decrease in sales of lower-priced wine.
- ThriveCart Secures $35M Investment to Help E-commerce Entrepreneurs and Creators Grow Their Businesses Faster
“As we enter 2023, a New Year’s resolution for many is to start or grow their own businesses. This investment from LTV SaaS Growth Fund will help make entrepreneurial dreams a reality for creators worldwide,” said ThriveCart CEO, Kevin McKeand.
- Inflation Has Impacted 92% of Millennials’ Home-Buying Plans
Clever polled 1,000 millennials looking to buy a home in the next year and found that more than 9 in 10 (92%) said inflation had impacted their home-buying plans, with more than 1 in 4 (28%) delaying their home search due to it.
- Multilateral Collaboration Essential to Bridging the Digital Economic Divide, says DCO Report The Digital Cooperation Organization (DCO) launched the Bridging the Gap Report at the World Economic Forum in Davoshighlighting the critical need for greater international, multilateral cooperation to close the digital divide and ensure all nations can benefit from digital economies.
- Alaska Airlines and Bank of America announce enhanced benefits to our Visa Signature® card
Cardholders now enjoy new ways to earn double miles on everyday purchases, priority boarding, expanded free checked bag privileges; for a limited time, new cardholders can receive 70,000 bonus miles after making qualifying purchases.
- Read more of the latest finance-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNfinance on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire