Here are guidelines before you comment, and our expectations before we will post:
- Be civil. Would you speak this way to a good friend? If not, rewrite.
- Focus on the issues. Build your argument and make your case in support of your opinion from facts, research or other sources. That way we can all learn. “I disagree with so-and-so because…” is fine; “So-and-so is naïve/stupid for thinking the way he/she does and here’s why…” is not acceptable.
- Don’t make personal attacks. Don’t assume the motives of those you disagree with, make unfounded accusations, spread rumors, or engage in any other behavior that would discourage you from participating if someone said this to, or about, you. The Golden Rule applies: Do unto others as you would have done to you. We will edit or not post comments with this type of content.
- say it once: When comments from the same individual or individuals become repetitive, going over ground already stated, we reserve the right to close commenting.
- Use your full, and real, name. If you wish to make a comment in public, we hope you will publicly stand behind it with your name. If you don’t want to publicly reveal your name, that’s fine; you are always welcome to share your thoughts with me privately via my email below. I welcome and consider all feedback in making decisions for the community.
- Have fun, consider and learn. Share your views and read those of others. May we all benefit from a healthy exchange of ideas, and learn a little more about the people in our community, what you think, and what’s important to each of you. You may end up changing your mind about an issue; even if you don’t, we hope everyone will gain a greater understanding of why people have different perspectives.